Creating green homes means creating a healthy home. Urbanization takes off the luxury of owning huge gardens. So if you wish to grow plants you would have to use up space you find in the balcony. Besides outdoor plants, indoor plants also play a crucial role in setting the ambiance in any house. Besides looking good they also provide purification of indoor air.
- Use energy efficient appliances that cut down energy bills and reduce the use of fuels and other forms of energy.
- Invest in a solar power unit that can power a portion of the house and further reduce the need for conventional energy sources.
- Maintenance checks on HVAC systems ensure their healthy operation. Proper heating and cooling can be achieved by choosing complementing measures like window insulation etc.,
- Check the labels when you pick home cleaners. Invest in natural cleaners or make them yourself.
- Gas detectors that indicate the presence of carbon monoxide can be very useful.
- Indoor plants do a great job in filtering out the harmful pollutants in indoor air.
- Reusable cleaning napkins are better than using paper napkins and disposable wipes.
- Use natural pesticides to eradicate pests big and small.
- Work on creating compost at home. This would be a great way to dispose of kitchen waste. It encourages you to segregate waste and also reduce the waste production in the house. The compost can then be used for the home garden.
- Figure out ways to recycle more efficiently and stay away from products that are made of substances that are hard to decompose.
CC website can give you more ideas to go green and leave a lasting impact on the climate. Figure out ways to reduce the landfills and cut down the wastage of water and electricity.